A dangerous drinking practice known as “butt chugging” sent a University of Tennessee student to the hospital with severe alcohol poisoning this weekend.
Butt chugging was formally known as an alcohol enema. An individual basically “drinks” the fluid into his or her rectum with a tube or hose. The alcohol’s effects come quickly and potently.
In the house, officers found several young males passed out in their bedrooms with “bags from wine boxes, some empty and some partially empty, strewn across the halls and rooms.”